Mother’s Day is the day for honoring and celebrating our moms who have raised and loved us as much as they could. But what about all the other amazing women in our lives who’ve also participated in our nurturing? Whether we choose to call them our ‘other moms’, fairy godmothers or guardian angels, whether we choose to celebrate them on Mother’s Day, their birthday or during the holiday season, here’s an array of loving quotes to choose from as inspiration for a special dedication in a Keepster message book.
Thinking about honoring these women is very personal to me, as much as to all of us who believe “It takes a village to raise a child”. I was blessed with a mother who loved me very very much and I loved her back just as much. But right up there in terms of mothering my thoughts immediately turn to the women who were my ‘other moms’, and how much I adored them as well.
My very first memories are, as a very young child, being strapped to the back of my beloved nanny as she went about her daily chores. Decades later, the memories of her soft skin, the rosewater that she wore and her love for me are still very visceral and part of my being as they will be forever. She’s very old now, but continents apart, we can at least still talk over the phone. I’ts hard to put into words how much she means to me but simply stated, she is my family and my other mother forever and for always.
Aside from my beloved nanny, I deeply loved my mother’s sister, as well as a lifelong friend of my mom’s. I remember how wonderful it was to be able to talk with them, how unafraid I was to tell them the things I could never share with my own mom, and how much I was fortified by their unconditional love and adored their little quirks and ways of being. Aside from a few photographs, I wish I had saved more than a few letters and a couple of voicemails from both of my aunts. I so wish I had a better way of remembering their words….which is why I am openly sharing my stories.
So, why not gather together in a Keepster message book the favorite texts and photos that embody the essence of these special relationships? These are the conversations that exist as irrefutable evidence of how they have been there for you, through ups and downs and thick and thin. Even if some of the chats are just about small little everyday things, not only will you be glad to have these conversations saved in a special keepsake book, but it will also be a wonderful surprise and beautiful way to show your grandma, favorite aunt, ‘mommy sister’ or best friend how much you value her as well as her words.
As for filling the book, there’s very little that needs doing as the feelings, thoughts, emotions and photos are already right there in your messages! Simply choose which texts and photos to include and design a beautiful custom cover. Easy as 1-2-3! Then if you like, you can also write a heartfelt dedication at the beginning of the book. Hopefully some of these quotes below will help inspire you.
No matter whether she’s family or a friend, here’s inspiration to show how much you love her and appreciate her for being in your life. 💖
No need to fill up the entire dedication page, just pick from any of these heartfelt quotes as a special introduction to your book and your mom is guaranteed to know how much you love her.
- Time passes quickly but one thing always lasts – the love and support found in you. ” - Catherine Pulsifer
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a grandmother.” - Unknown
- “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” - Italian Proverb
- “A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.” - Unknown
- “It’s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother—that’s why the world calls her grandmother.” - Unknown
- “Everything I am, you helped me to be.” - Unknown
- “Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.” - Unknown
- “Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special. ” - Catherine Pulsifer
- “Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while…but our hearts forever. ” - Unknown
- “My grandmother is my angel on earth. ” - Catherine Pulsifer
- “There’s no place like home except Grandma’s.” - Unknown
- “An aunt is always there for all the times when you need a second mom.” - Unknown
- “Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister and share love like a friend.” - Unknown
- “Aunt: A cherished friend and personal cheerleader who will always see you through rose-colored glasses.” - Unknown
- “Aunt; like a mom only cooler.” - Unknown
- “The best aunts aren’t substitute parents, they’re co-conspirators. ” - Daryl Gregory
- “Aunt ― a double blessing. You love like a parent and act like a friend.” - Unknown
- “An aunt makes life a little sweeter.” - Unknown
- “An aunt grows more treasured as time goes by.” - Unknown
- “God couldn’t be everywhere so he created aunts.” - Unknown
- “An older sister is a friend and defender — a listener, conspirator, a counselor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too.” - Pam Brown
- “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.” - Cali Rae Turner
- “Your sisters are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were.” - Betsy Cohen
- “To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confidant – it is to have a soulmate for life.” - Victoria Secunda
- “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. ” - Isadora James
- “The love and compassion you’ve always carried in your heart makes you a wonderful mother and a beloved friend.” - Unknown
- One of our greatest support systems is our friends. Use one of these messages to tell your friend how much you value their friendship and admire their role as a mother. Alternatively, use the quotes to inspire an original and heartfelt message.
- “It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds.” - Gina Barreca
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
- “There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.” - Unknown
We hope these quotes will help you write a dedication that’s a fitting tribute to your amazing confidant, superwoman, soul mate, protector or guide! For even more dedication inspiration please check out our list of Mom Quotes and feel free to swap around the words grandma, aunt, sister or friend - there are no rules! Also, you might like to check out our unique Gift Wrapping Ideas so you can feel certain that you’ve made your gift as memorable and beautiful as you’d like.
Rearing to go? Simply click here to get started now and in a few easy steps, your book will be brimming with the blessings of this one-of-a-kind relationship and filled with all the laughter, wisdom, understanding and love.
Founder / CEO